Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And In Unrelated News...

This morning, while I was composing the very-difficult-to-write post about my newfound chocolate sensitivity, I received word that I won a year's subscription to Strings magazine plus a $100 gift basket from an LA luthier for a 250-word contest entry I wrote on Emily Wright's online teaching technique via her cello blog.

Whee!

This was especially nice, because I didn't do it for the prize; I did it because Emily was looking for an idea of how readers interpret her lessons and approach. Of course, the prize is really quite nice too, because who wouldn't want a goodie bag of cello-related stuff? (Er. Anyone who is a cellist, that is. I have no idea what most of you would do with such a thing. No, wait, yes I do: You'd give it to me!) The subscription is timely because I was going to have to let my subscription to Strings lapse this fall; it's too expensive for me right now.

So. Yes. What a lovely surprise.

I really need to get back to working on the taxes.

~
* The original post at Owls' Court
* Owls' Court: the main journal
~

2 comments:

CelloGirl said...

Congrats!! I'm dying to know what's in the gift basket! You're right..only a cello geek would be excited about the basket :)

Thanks for reminding me about the taxes. Ugh!

A. Hiscock said...

I promise to detail it when it arrives, possibly even with photos! And you're welcome, but I'm also sorry I reminded you about the taxes. No fun at all.