Friday, May 2, 2008

Quick Update

Things have been very frustrating over the past few days. I did have a fabulous rehearsal last Wednesday night though. I tried a new bow hold (thank you Christopher Bunting) and it automatically forced me to hold the right arm in that more balletic curve I'd been trying for to affect how I draw the bow. We got the new music for the My Fair Lady and Sound of Music medleys, and after really working the overture and playing through the delightful (and not really Mozart's) Symphony no. 3, we did most of the SoM and had a blast. I've been reading through Position Pieces for Cello by Rick Mooney as well, and the geography quizzes are brilliant. If your second finger is on D on the A string, what note would your fourth finger play? The first? What would the fourth finger play on the D string if you crossed to it? It may be obvious, but it's just what I need to help positions sink in. I should have bought both volumes.

(Condensed from the longer post at Owls' Court.)

No comments: