Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Can Has Cello Lessons!

Starting after Thanksgiving, in fact (which means in three weeks, where did the year go?) and at a surprisingly low fee too. The same hour-long lesson fee I first paid when I started lessons fifteen years ago, actually. That particular lesson fee went up every year until I was paying 30% more in my fourth and final year of lessons. I expected this lesson fee to be somewhat equivalent to the last fee I paid, or to be even higher to reflect the natural economic inflation of ten or so years. I am, of course, very thankful that it's not bank-breaking, but still, I am astonished at how affordable it is.

I have already been informed that we have a Christmas concert in mid-December. And I'm okay with that. (Wow. Thank you, Random Colour.) Plus there will be a group lesson once a month! I think that's really neat.

Now I need to sit down and think about my goals so that I can articulate them to my teacher when the time comes, because I'm certain she will ask. Things like becoming more familiar with the geography of the finger board, a more solid foundation in theory (or any foundation at all... it's embarrassing when a conductor starts using solfege terminology and I, er, can't follow it *cough* *cough*), intonation... I'm sure there will be more that come to mind. (A better bow hold, more efficient left hand movement, oh, the list will go on... and this sounds like a letter to Santa. Dear Santa, please bring me a better understanding of A flat major and D flat major, an accurate thumb position, and a better vibrato with my fourth finger. Love, Autumn.)

~
* The original post at Owls' Court
* Owls' Court: the main journal
~

No comments: