Friday, August 1, 2008

Quick Post-Trip Update

Hullo world; we are back safe and sound. I have much cello news to jot down, but it will have to wait until Monday, most likely. Other than that: lovely trip, am proud of the boy in general for behaving very well, loved seeing the parental units. We got a bike trailer. The car trunk has been officially dubbed The Trunk of Extended Holding, because there is no way it could possibly have held all our bags, the bike trailer, a box with a printer inside it, assorted things we bought there (like a bike helmet for the boy and a couple of toys to be put away for Yule), and a cello.

Did I say a cello? I did, didn't I. Oops.

Okay, all you get until I have the proper time to post is this: No, I did not buy one of the two 7/8 Jay Haides I tried out at The Soundpost, although they were lovely and smooth and dreadfully easy to play and had nicely balanced tone throughout the complete range, especially the second one. And the staff were equally wonderful and made me feel very welcome. No, I came home with a turn of the century German-made one instead.

That's all the explanation you get till early next week. Maybe sooner, if I have the time. Muah-hah-hah.

1 comment:

Eric Edberg said...

Great story! I linked to it from my blog.