Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Damn

So what does one do when one had a headache?

One plays the cello,of course! After all, this 7/8 goes back on Saturday and I'm not going to have much more opportunity to play it. I haven't touched it since the second-to-last rehearsal with orchestra. So I hauled it out to play through some stuff.

Wow, the Breval sonata in C never sounded so good. Seriously.

Also? While playing 'Ana Ng' and 'Experimental Film' I discovered this instrument's overtones. Helloooo, lovely overtones. You make TMBG basslines sound like high art.

Again, I don't know how much of this has to do with the shiny-new! effect, or the newer strings, or what. But it certainly sounded pretty. And I'm starting to feel how much easier it is to play around the slightly smaller body of the 7/8.

It's still going back on Saturday; I can't buy it right now, and I'd still be very on the fence about it if I could. But these are things to make note of.

(Originally posted at Owls' Court.)

No comments: