Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Low Morning


It's been a frustrating morning of work, on top of my already low mood.

Songs and Poems for Solo Cello


But this was in the parcel waiting for me at the post office, one of the two I missed on Monday when I was working in the cafe. And I'm kind of glad the upstairs neighbours aren't home because I'm listening to it at a rather loud volume. It's both beautiful and depressing. I can hear every shift Sutter makes and the movements of her bow arm (not because of poor recording or shoddy technique, but because of her phrasing and the stunning acoustics of the church in which it was recorded), and I wish I could play like that.

I'm going to go heat up a piece of last night's lasagna and then come back and slog some more.

(Condensed from the original post at Owls' Court.)

No comments: