Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Self-Confessed Music Addict

I just upgraded my eMusic account from basic to plus, and now I can download 50 tracks a month for $14.99. That only five extra dollars for twenty more tracks, and at the rate I've been queueing albums for download I wasn't going to get some of them until five months from now. And I'm still paying less than what I'd pay for a single physical CD for what essentially amounts to five albums' worth of music.

Now I can have the Erik Friedlander I want for this trip. And I can download all three discs of the Matt Haimovitz Bach solo suites, too!

I don't remember the last physical CD I bought in a store. So much of what I want isn't available through regular channels, or would take months to obtain, or would cost a ridiculous amount of money. (Oh wait, it was Danny Elfman's Serenada Schizophrenia, and I don't remember buying it in a store because t! ordered a copy for me via one of his music business contacts.) I really like the option of being able to download selected tracks from an album, too. The one frustrating thing is that some of the artists I hear and want to try out, or buy an album from, aren't available via eMusic (yet, or whatever).

No comments: