Thursday, March 25, 2010

In Which She Admits To Being A Bad Blogger

Eek; I haven't imported the cello-themed posts form my main journal in five months. Some of that has to do with the fact that often I just mention cello in passing, but it also has to do with not having a lot of energy to write about it in detail in the first place, or do the physical cut and paste. I'm going to catch up and try to get back on the regular updating here as well as on my much more regular main journal. I apologise in advance for a slew of backdated posts that may show up in your RSS feeds, although if your feed is smart it shouldn't pick up anything dated older than two weeks or so. If it does, then hey, you get a huge dose of AutumnCello. I suspect I'll do monthly summaries and paste several smaller or brief cello mentions into one post per month. That should keep the roar on your RSS feeds to a minimum.

8 comments:

gottagopractice said...

As you predicted, my rss feed just filled up with Autumn Cello posts. Well, 'just' being a few days ago. It was fun reading six months' progress in one fell swoop - but I should probably just subscribe to your regular blog!

A. Hiscock said...

If you use Bloglines, you can subscribe, but other RSS feeders choke on the header error that no one's ever been able to eradicate. Bloglines seems to see past it, while others can't.

gottagopractice said...

By choking do you mean that the most recent post in the feed is from Jan '08? Because that is what it looks like in Google Reader.

gottagopractice said...

And I just checked - the bloglines feed I am subscribed to for CelloBloggers has the most recent feed from Jan '09.

I wonder - have you tried setting up a feedburner feed that others can subscribe to?

A. Hiscock said...

Yes, I have tried to set up a different feed; Feedburner can't parse it. Cellobloggers doesn't work either. That's why I set up the cello-only Blogger, so I could at least give my cellofamily something to subscribe to.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CelloGeek said...

glad to see you back in blogland! I thought you had stopped blogging. Of course I wasn't much better - I finally posted this weekend after a few months of not writing.

Great job on Emily's book. It must have been a lot of fun to edit!

A. Hiscock said...

Oh no, I blog incessantly. This is just an import of my cello-themed posts form my main blog.

You can't get rid of me that easily!