Sunday, December 14, 2008

Survived!

Made it through my second recital ever. Go me!

Didn't screw up my shifts. Didn't let the bow skip. Didn't let the rhythm go ragged. Held a half note a wee bit too long but adjusted. The second repetition was better. I don't think I really lifted the bow as had been my bad habit before lessons either, although it wasn't as 'in the string' as I would have liked. All the trio and ensemble stuff was great, too. I wasn't a mess leading up to it, but the nerves did kick in after we'd set up and I encountered the 'will it never be day?!' mood that develops when you're ready and it's not time to start yet. Apparently we have another recital in June, and I'm actually looking forward to that.

Liam fell asleep ten minutes into the programme. He got to hear the littlest girls do their pieces, but fell asleep either during mine or directly afterwards. He was very impressed with the butterfly someone had painted on the youngest girl's face in full colour, complete with sparkly highlights.

Now it's on to making shepherd's pie (well, more correctly, cottage pie) for supper, and casting on HRH's scarf, as we nipped out to Ariadne Knits before lunch to pick up the yarn. Liam was very impressed with the yarn store, although was firmly convinced that there ought to have been a cat.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Bravo! Bravo! This has to be the most difficult instrument to master.

Et un louis d'or pour toi!