Thursday, October 16, 2008

Headaches

Yesterday, not long after I wrote my journal entry about practising, my Internet connection went kablooey and I spent the next couple of hours unsuccessfully trying to fix it. I ended up turning the damn thing off and going to work in the living room. It gave me writing time, but I had tons of Internet-associated research to handle and correspondence to catch up on, and it made me very cranky. Also, I lost an expanded ETA form of that last post in which I rhapsodized about a particular shift that I love doing in one of my lesson pieces. And the post didn't actually post thanks to the kablooeyness, I discovered this morning. Gnarr. However, I managed to play cello for a while longer, and get non-Internet dependent work done as well.

Orchestra last night was good. I don't know if someone mentioned something about our situation to the guest conductor but he's really focusing on interpretation and phrasing. Quite nice. And the principal showed me a terrific fingering for the opening phrase of the Wagner clarinet piece we're accompanying (five flats! dear gods!).

~
* The original post at Owls' Court
* Owls' Court: the main journal
~

No comments: